Friday, April 8, 2011

Religion Is Interesting

Today, one of my patient's gave me this book. He is a Jehovah's witness {foreword: I have no personal vendetta against this, or any, religion and/or faith}. I found the gesture very thoughtful, but I can't help but react to some of the pictures included in this little gem.
{I may, or may not, have taken some liberties with this one}

Phillip & I found this book pretty interesting. I may not agree with all their beliefs, but I am impressed with how unashamed my patient was to offer me a Bible and this little teach book.

1 comment:

  1. I was approached while getting gas at a gas station once by this little old lady. She asked if I would just spare a few minutes to read the documents and I said I would, but I know where my faith stands. But you know what the first thing that came to mind was? I was thinking about how this woman took an opportunity that was presented to her to minister to someone else. Then I began to think that we should all be willing to take those little opportunities with our faith. Do I think we should all go door to door or making a bunch of phone calls? No. But instances like these are ones that more people in the Christian faith should do.

    ReplyDelete