Sunday, July 3, 2011

Tattoo Progression & A Birthday Fiesta

Here are some shots Phill took during my tattooing. I promise my face of disgust was in response to the movie I was watching and not due to the tattoo. I swear! It didn't even hurt at this point! Also, please ignore how unladylike I'm sitting in the first two photos. It makes me look disgusting, so pay attention to the third picture only, where I look much more acceptable. K, thanks :-)



After we left the tattoo studio we went straight to our friends' house for a birthday fiesta! Jake got a pinata and everything!

Robin holding it steady

Yup. He did it blindfolded...indoors...I nearly died

After it fell off the pole Jake was forced to stab the thing.
Saturday was lazy and uneventful, save for PPV Fight night at Sean and Dani's. Yeah. Somehow Phill and I are now regulars for the PPV UFC fights at the Brainard household. You're disgusted, right? Months ago, when we first went out to eat to watch fight night with friends, I did not want to go. To me, fight night = disgusting and stupid. Now, I know it's disgusting and stupid, but it's still somewhat enjoyable! It's just ridiculous. These idiots fight each other for sport. But it's so easy to kinda get into it, at times.

Today, I was able to enjoy a full day of church. Main service {aka me service} at 9, jr. high at 10:45 (Ice Cream Olympics woooo!), and high school tonight at 6. I'm so excited to have an additional day off with Phillip tomorrow. We're going hiking in the morning...early morning...then probably hanging out and generally being awesome until our 4th of July celebration at night! Our church, and apartment, is literally blocks away from the Peoria Sports Complex {which evidently is home to the 3rd largest fireworks display in AZ, or something} so every year lots of people just hang there to watch the show. I'm not sure if it's an annual occurrence, but at least this year it's an actual planned ordeal with food and all. I'm so excited to get together, share in community, and just celebrate and have an all-in-all summery good time =)

2 comments:

  1. It r finished

    28 Naow dat Jebus knowd dat his werk wuz done, so dat teh scripchers wood turn owt rite, he sed "I r so thirsty... I can haz milk plz?"29 Der wuz a bottel of sowr milk dere, n teh meen peoplez dippded a spunge into it, an dey held teh spunge to Jebus's mout.30 Wen Jebus tasted dat sowr milk, he sed "it r finished" an he hung hiz hed, and he givded up hiz spirit.
    Jebus r stabbed in teh side

    31 Teh Joos wuz wantinz Pilate to to mak teh soldjers brake teh legs of teh peoplez on teh cross, so dat dey wood die fasters. Dis wuz becuz it wuz almost der sabbith, an it wood be bad for teh bodies to be all hanginz up on teh cross on teh sabbith.32 So teh soljers camed an brokded teh legs of teh other two peoplez on teh crosses, so dey wood be dyinz faster.33 But wen dey saw dat Jebus wuz alreddy ded, dey wuz all liek "OMG!" an dey did not brakded his legs.34 But wun of teh soldjers did stab his side wit a speer, an all dis blood n stuff camed owt of Jebus.35 An u can beleev dat dis wuz tru, cuz a kitteh dat wuz der says so.36 Dese tings dat happened wuz just liek teh scripchers say, wen dey say

    He r not have breakded bones
    37 and
    Dey stabbded him n naow dey look at him
    Jebus is baried in teh shoobox of Joseph

    38 Wen all dis wuz ovr, Joseph of Arimathea (who wuz a homie of Jebus but was scarded of teh other Joos) secretly went to Pilate all stelthy-liek an sed "I can haz Jebus's body?" and Pilate sed yes. So he tookded away teh body of Jebus.39 An Nicodemus (who first camed to Jebus at nite) camed too an broughted, liek, a hunderd pownds of spices.40 Den dey tookded teh body of Jebus n dey rapped it in teh spices an nise papr towles (cuz dis is wut teh Joos lieked to do to deyr ded kittehs).41 Neer teh plase war he wuz croosified, der wuz a pretty garden, wit lotsa catnips n stuff, an a new an shiny shoobox, wit no other boddees dere yet.42 An so, becuz it wuz close, an cuz it of teh Jooish day of Preparashun, dey wuz in dat shoobox, barrying Jebus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU REALLY POSTED THAT HERE! Gee thanks, Dalton

    ReplyDelete