Sunday, July 10, 2011

Independence Day Hike

Phill and I chose to wake up bright and super early for a morning hike on the 4th. He has been hiking every Friday morning {his day off} and we decided to add another one in & go together!

It.
Was.
Hot.






Both of us were so amazed by our surroundings. Even though we're in the 5th {6th???} largest city in the nation, there are wonderful little uninhabited areas, such as this, left to simply be. As you can see from the fourth photo there are some petroglyphs on this trail. These markings have been here for so many years. So much history. It's really amazing.

As awesome as it felt to be out there hiking, I can safely say I'll save my future hiking days for Autumn. Luckily, this was a pretty short trail. I love the idea of getting good physical activity just from being outside amongst nature, but for now I'm going to stick to the elliptical! Air conditioning? Yes please!

No comments:

Post a Comment