Saturday, March 5, 2011

I'M ON VACATION!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's really a stay-cation, but when you live in the warmest, sunniest, most pleasant city in the country...vacation is every day. You hate me now, right? It's cool. I understand.

Ahhh! I'm so excited that today is over and the goodness can now commence. Today was crazy. It started with my patient running a 103.6 fever whilst tachycardiac in the 150s-160s. I made the doc aware and we both agreed it was probably alcohol withdrawal so he had me medicate based on the already initiated alcohol withdrawal protocol. Ativan-done. Tylenol-done. No change? More Ativan-done. Still no change in heart rate but patient is now suuuuper sleepy and barely arousable? Ok, lunch break for Alyssa. Return from lunch and CHAOS ENSUES!!! I return from lunch to: previously stated patient being transferred to ICU, patient now with new NG, patient returning from lung biopsy, and patient who was previously not being discharged now being discharged...and the other patient just being near deaf. Needless to say---crazy day.

BUT IT'S OVER!

I'm sooooooo excited to pick up Mom, Dad, and Trey from the airport tomorrow and then whisk them over to the best food we've yet discovered in the Valley. Where you ask? Oh, I'll tell you.

{And with a website like that, you know it's classy}
Gotta love those super stereotypical Mexican panda logos

Sure, maybe it is just your average run-of-the-mill Chinese-Mexican restaurant, but in person it's truthfully so much more. Yes, you read correctly. Chinese-Mexican.

This is totally random, but I'll leave you all with this sweet, enlightening, and uplifting posty-post :-) Remember how certain things are more important than others? Yeah, that's a tricky one.


Happy Weekend {I know mine will be a good one}!

3 comments:

  1. Soooooo...I was going to broadcast this on facebook, but since I am taking a little reprieve from facebook I am just posting it here.

    I had a dream about you last night. And it was one that was SO VIVID! I honestly could not remember if it was true or not when waking up so I decided to check all the places you post things.

    Here is is: I dreamed that you announced you are pregnant and wanted to wait until you could tell your mom in person. Yeah. I was hoping it was true.

    Weird thing: I've had preggo dreams before and sometimes they come true-- SO WATCH OUT! I dreamed I was with Aunt Nay having a baby at the hospital (it was kinda weird) and two weeks later she called to inform us that she was pregnant with Jordan. :D Please tell me you are pregnant soon!!! I SOOOO want to make your baby cute things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe well no news for this family visit! Even tho there's no baby I have a desire to make cute baby things, too! Crazy dream, though! I think Phill would flip if your dreams predicted the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! I know you guys have said it just isn't time yet, but I want you two to start making cute little babies!!!OMG they would be so stinking adorable! Maybe the desire to make cute baby things is your heart saying something...please? lol! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete