Friday, May 13, 2011

Yesterday is Gone...Praise the Lord

Yesterday was one of the hardest days of my career to date.

My day was centered around one patient for 12 straight hours, but I still had other patients to care for. I was frazzled and frantic trying to control this patient for the entire shift. It was just...bad. I'm hugely grateful for all the help and support I received from fellow coworkers, but it still was just so rough. As soon as I sat down on the couch when I got home, I started to cry. I was just so burnt out after such a day! BUT! After watching Grey's, HIMYM, & Glee I was a brand new gal. Isn't it silly how silly TV shows can change it around like that?

Here's the good news, though: Today {at work} is IMMENSELY better! Unfortunately, that high-care patient was transferred to ICU last night, so the whole floor overall seems less chaotic. My patients aren't wild and I don't have a ring-around going with Case Management or anything. God is good. I'm so thankful.

I'm pretty proud, too, of how well I've been sticking to achieving my goals. One of the main things I've been trying to do with healthy eating is "clean eating" inspired by Jess at IROCKSOWHAT. Mainly, eat healthy, and no sugar. Yes, you read that right. This girl, sweet tooth and candy/ice-cream obsession and all, is going 30 days without sugar {except that naturally occurring in fruit and whatnot}. I don't think you realize how much food I've had to turn away just in 2 days at work. It's ridiculous. Anyway, so good so far! I've made lots of smoothies at home to keep me happy.

HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment