Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Like A Boss

AUTUMN!

Not to toot my own horn or anything {except that's basically what I'm about to do}, but I've been a pretty rockin' wife lady as of late. Cooking like a boss. Working out like a boss. Working in general like, you guessed it, a boss. The weather has already creeped back up {BOO!}, but when it was cooler this past weekend, I decided to finally run outside. Our apartment complex is right along the wash that has trails running all along down through it, making it super convenient for runners, walkers, and bikers.

It was so awesome. I want it to cool down again so I can keep exercising outside. I had such a powerful, awesome God-moment on that run. It was the day I was feeling down and something between the combination of my tunes, the beauty of the outdoors, and my adrenaline really brought it on. I'm glad no one was around at that exact moment because they would have thought I was for shizzle a crazy lady all crying and running yet smiling...

This morning I picked up another shift giving flu shots. This time it was at a retirement community so the old people came out in full force. We gave 86 vaccines in 4 hours! I actually didn't give any of the vaccines. My job was to help people make sure their paperwork was filled out correctly because those sweet old folk apparently have issues reading directions.

After the clinic and lunch I went to the gym for my regular workout...only today I totally owned {like a boss} and opted for the treadmill instead of the elliptical and ran 6+ miles! I'm really wanting to work on my running and I'm so proud of my progress today, even if it was indoors. Thank you Kim Kardashian and your fantasy wedding for taking forever.

As far as cooking, I've been going to town full-force and loving it! Here are some things I've made:
Chicken Parmesan, for Phillip, of course

Making seitan!

Successful seitan with ketchup and jalepeno mustard. This was so easy and even Phill was agreeable to eat it!
Then, today I whipped up some PUMPKINBREADFROMTHEHEAVENSTHANKYOUGRANDMACARMIENIT'SSODAMNGOOD plus a new pizza recipe with a cauliflower-mozzarella crust and another cauliflower dish with a special sauce.

Woot for productivity!

EDIT: After talking myself up so much I find it necessary to also inform everyone that I basically ate an entire loaf of pumpkin bread this evening. FAIL.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! You are so amazing! And now I have been reminded to watch The Kardashian Wedding that I have DVR-ed. BTW- what the heck is seitan? I have never heard of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That food looks soo good! I'm literally drooling, looking at those pics right now ha! :)

    ReplyDelete