Thursday, March 8, 2012

Hair

Yo.

For the past several weeks I've been into this "no shampoo" idea. I heard about it from a couple different blogs and I was intrigued. So, I decided to do a little Google research (it's an official research database, right?). I decided to give it a go after thoroughly reading through this site and alllll (ok, not all of them) the comments. I like the tone of it all. It's not super granola, but still worth a shot. 'How to Quit Shampoo Without Becoming Disgusting'. I like the sound of that.

Anyway, I've been following the process pretty close to the instructions, and, I gotta tell ya, it's no picnic. I may be able to deceive the general public pretty well with scarves, top knots, and headbands, but doooooood my hair is super gross. Actually, to be honest, it's starting to get a little better now that I've re-introduced the baking soda back into the mix. The suppressed oils really do take over and they leave your hair feeling pretty grimy. It kinda sticks together? It makes for awesomely huge stay-in-place buns, but it also makes leaving hair down quite tricky. Keep in mind, I'm sweating like a crazy lady 4 times a week after my workout.

It gets pretty wild

The oils collect like crazy on all brushes and combs! Gross, I know. I've taken to brushing my brushes {yep} in the shower to get rid of all the build up.

See those little flecks? That's the oil!
It truly is getting better, though. I'm glad I stuck with it and I'm going to continue with it to see how things keep going. The oils are still there, but I think I'll begin to reach a good balance now that I'm adding back in the baking soda and apple-cider vinegar. I hope I didn't gross you out with my nasty hair shots!

No comments:

Post a Comment