Thursday, March 29, 2012

Impact, part 2

A few months ago I shared a letter Phillip had received from a student in the youth ministry at New Life. Well, the same kid wrote Phill another letter, recently. I'm so proud of my husband. Something about his silent, yet strong, demeanor resonates with some of these kids in a way I can't believe. They love him. I love him!

Hey Phill,
Thanks for the help through my tough time through this week. I know I may not show it often, but you are like, one of my biggest inspirations and role models here at New Life. I can't thank you enough for all the advice and help you've given me through all the weeks spent together. In all seriousness, I really don't hate you :) I notice sometimes I can be a  really big jerk if you're having an 'off-day' or I can seem to set you off. I'm sorry if that's the case. I'm having a different outlook on the way I act from now on to everybody. I can honestly say that I never, ever want you to leave New Life. I hope you end up staying. You're a super rad kid and I hope to still know you (words I can't decipher) still go out to lunch w/you even if you do leave. All in all, you are an important person in my life. Considering, I never really had a real brother. haha. But thanks for any advice or anything else in this past year. It means a lot to me. Keep doing what you do! You're good at it! God is doing something! As a brother in Christ. I <3 you. PS-Grow the stache. It's only right...
Don't you love the PS? Ha! This kid truly is awesome, too. He's a student leader so he spends a lot of additional time around the church, with Phill particularly. He's tugging at this home-sick girl's heartstrings with the "never, ever want you to leave" stuff!

Now, I will leave you with this awesomeness:


No comments:

Post a Comment