Monday, August 27, 2012

Run Like the Wind


Ok, so I'm definitely not running like the wind, but I'm sure as hell running! I've been exercising regularly since we moved to Arizona, but most of that activity was on the eliptical in the gym of our apartment complex. When we moved back, I had no eliptical. Therefore, I took to the streets. I was running about 3-3.5 miles regularly, once a week running with an awesome running group from the 509. It was suggested that maybe some of us from the 509 running club could run a half-marathon in the near future. While I am was intimidated out of my mind, apparently I've committed to this thing. While it's not set in stone, it looks like this may all be going down around Halloween. This actually means I can cool my jets a bit! I'm so, so, so, so impressed with this body of mine. Whenever I heard of someone running long distances like that, it literally seemed impossible. Crazy hooligans.

But here I am. This body that God has provided me is capable of some pretty incredible things. I set out on my long run of the week last night and decided to push myself further than before and go ahead and run a full 10 miles. 10 miles. It's one of those things where I was already planning on 9, and I felt pretty great, so I decided to add a bit more to increase my mileage. WHO AM I?!

My self-confidence is boosted. I mean, those endorphin things are real. If anyone wants to go for a run, I'm game. Just know that I'm not speedy. I just go.

**Side note: It's been a week and the blisters are healing up nicely!

1 comment: