Monday, September 12, 2011

A Near-Death Experience

I never would have thought that a sandwich could cause me such panic.

But it did.



Guys...a peanut butter & jelly sandwich almost killed me. For reals. Ok, it wasn't that serious, but I really did nearly require the Heimlich maneuver. At Velocity last night I volunteered to participate in the game. Turns out, the game was to eat 3 PB&Js as fast as you can. Well, I gave it a go and scarfed about half the sandwich in the first 10 seconds...then I started chewing it all. This is a s.l.o.w. process, but I was really wanting to show how awesome of a leader I am by playing along with the kids so I was like, "Oh yeah I got this" and I continued chewing and tried to swallow it all down so I could continue to finish the rest of the sandwich.

This is when the near-death ensued.

That gigantic glob of peanut buttery-jelly-bready mess CLOGGED MY THROAT.

I looked to Danny, who was running the game, and motioned that I needed some water, but he didn't seem to understand that it was emergent! I ran off the stage and headed toward the bathroom because if it took inducing vomiting to get that glob out of my throat, then that's what had to happen! Of course someone was in the bathroom (of course). Luckily, just then Dalton tossed a bottle of water to me and the gigantic glob of terribleness was able to be coughed forward from my throat into my mouth so I could breathe.

*sigh

My throat was sore the rest of the night. Weird story, right? Needless to say, I was unsuccessful at pulling off the 'I'm an awesome leader who dominates games' feat. Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment